When was the last time you watched some kind of video content on your mobile device?
If you’re like 85% of internet users in the United States, you soaked up some type of video via your smartphone or smartphone in the last month. Probably several times. Maybe a lot.
Video marketing is so successful because it shares information using a format that’s almost universally beloved.
You get to be
- persuasive — and both your customers and your business win.
What is video marketing?
Video marketing is simply using video-based content to promote your business. Many people associate video marketing with commercials, but sales content is far from the only way to connect via video.
You can use videos to:
- Showcase your brand and brand messaging
- Demonstrate a product
- Take consumers behind-the-scenes, such as touring the kitchen of a restaurant or filming how a product is made
- Interact with customers, such as a live Q&A
- Share customer testimonials
- Livestream from a special event
While video marketing carries massive potential and can easily become one of the most engaging and profitable tools you have at your disposal, it’s also risky.
That’s because it’s far too easy to assume that all video is good video. Simply shooting a selfie (that’s what all the cool kids call a video selfie) and immediately posting it on social media isn’t enough.
Which brings us to our next super important question….
How does video marketing fit into an overall digital marketing strategy?
Video marketing without a strategy to drive it is simply a collection of moving pictures that may or may not do anything for your brand. Do you want to take those kinds of chances with your professional future? Not likely.
Video marketing should be a part of a larger campaign or strategy and how you film, edit, and share video content needs to be very intentional.
You also need to track key metrics:
- watch time
- average completion rate
- rate and type of feedback
- conversion rate to see what type of content is captivating your audience.
You can then use that data to further fine tune your video marketing, but you can also use the info to feed other areas of your marketing strategy too. If you get great engagement when your salon’s aesthetician posts skincare tips, try adding Quick Tip Mondays to your social media calendar and doing a similar blog one or twice a month.
In short, video marketing may be just one spoke in your marketing wheel, but it should be in line with your overall messaging, so your marketing is always cohesive and on brand.
Does video marketing really work?
If you have any question as to whether video marketing is as powerful as people claim, just check out these impressive video marketing statistics:
- 86% of businesses use video marketing as part of their marketing strategy
- 94% of consumers watch explainer videos to learn about a new product and about 84% of those people are convinced to make a purchase
- 80% of those surveyed said a video persuaded them to buy software or an app
- 78% of marketers say video marketing has boosted their company’s bottom line (aka a big plus sign in the profitability column!)
Grow your business with the help of Aliste’s video marketing offerings. Our talented team knows how to turn your key differentiator into marketing magic.
Ready for your close up?